Religious Education is unique in the school curriculum in that it is neither a core subject nor a foundation subject but the 1988 Education Act states that ‘Religious Education has equal standing in relation to core subjects of the National Curriculum in that it is compulsory for all registered pupils’
Little Gaddesden C. of E. Primary School is a VA school therefore we deliver RE in line with the Locally Agreed Syllabus and with reference to resources from Understanding Christianity.
- provoke challenging questions
- encourage pupils to explore their own beliefs .
- enable pupils to build their sense of identity and belonging,
- teach pupils to develop respect for others,
- prompt pupils to consider their responsibilities